Friday, February 13, 2015

Samuel L. Jackson On Marvel/DC Movie Rivalry

On the stump for Kingsman: The Secret Service--actor Samuel L. Jackson talked with MTV about playing S.H.I.E.L.D; chief  Nick Fury in seven Marvel Cinematic Universe films. He has two more to go under his current contract.


Jackson also commented on why he thinks Marvel is better than DC Entertainment:

"The Marvel universe is huge. I don't know how many thousands of characters there are in the Marvel universe that they can access and use. I'm not surprised by that. It's been that way since we started reading comic books. Most of us understand that in the comic book world you can crossbreed and do all kinds of stuff. I think Marvel has made a way to make those movies accessible to the public, that DC hasn't. I don't know what that is. I don't know why you can't get Batman and Superman, and people as juiced up to be a part of that."

 Jackson seems to think he'll stick with his Fury gig for a while longer - maybe even beyond his current contract. He also jokingly compares his role to his character of Jules from Quentin Tarantino's Pulp Fiction:

"I'm cool doing Nick Fury as long as they keep writing him into these films. Right now it seems he's on the same path as Jules. Maybe they'll cross paths. They are out there looking...Jules is looking for whatever, and Nick Fury is off trying to figure out what the Hell happened to SHIELD and how did these people infiltrate it in that particular way. Maybe they'll cross paths somewhere. I'll do Jules and Nick Fury in one movie together. I'll be my own Orphan Black."

Jackson appears as Fury in Joss Whedon's superhero team up sequel "The Avengers: Age of Ultron" in May while working on "Captain America: Civil War" out May 6th 2016.

No comments: