Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Joe And The Fools

While attending the Australian preiere presser for G.I. Joe The Rise of Cobra--CineFools asked director Stephen Sommers about the chatter that he was given the boot from the editing room




"Yes I have final cut, it was actually a surprise because I was in the editing room and I got a phone call from a friend checking if I had been fired and replaced, so I just kept editing. That's what's crazy about the Internet because I have final cut and they couldn't throw me off if they wanted and clearly when you see the movie you'll realise how silly that was" said Sommers.

He explained: "Someone said 'It was the worst testing movie in [the studio]'s history' that's crap! When you see the movie you'll know it's false. It is discouraging though. If you took two seconds to look into it not only do I have final cut but as a director if I didn't have final cut, you'd have to really screw up a movie to get fired because once a director gets fired from a project the stigma attached to that movie... you're just dead."

What about a sequel? Sommers confirmed that the cast is signed and filming could begin as early as next Summer.

Meanwhile the director's official site has gone online posting exclusive clips and webisodes about the August 7th flicks visual effects.

No comments: