Friday, May 14, 2010

A Bad Rap?

Just last week, we learned that Casey Affleck's documentary about his brother-in-law Joaquin Phoenix's apparent meltdown, is finished. Potential buyers saw it, and as the LA Times, pointed out it remains completely unclear about whether or not it was real or not

A poll of the paper's readers currently stands at 89% believing it's all an elaborate, hoax, but Affleck insists to ABC News that the film really is the real deal.

I'm Still Here: The Lost Year of Joaquin Phoenix is, says Affleck, an "unbelievable, one-of-a-kind movie". He says the film bears witness both to "the public spectacle and a very private internal implosion."

Um...Okaaaay...

"I wanted to explore what I thought would be an interesting period in Joaquin's life," continues Casey. "He wanted to give up acting and try doing music, and that, right there, says something's going to happen. But I had no idea what would unfold.."

I'm still not buying what they are selling here...My gut says We are all being "Punk'd"

No comments: