Sunday, April 03, 2011

Craven Talks Scream & Elm Street

Director Wes Craven spoke with Cinema Blend at last week's CinemaCon  and was asked if there was indeed a "Scream 5" screenplay ready to go.



"No, there is no Scream 5 script. [Kevin Williamson], when I first talked to him about this project before there was a script, he had an idea for a trilogy, so we’ll have to see what comes out of that. I’m sure Bob Weinstein is open to it if the script or ideas are to his pleasure. He has very high standards. I don’t think he’s in any rush to do it particularly, but on the other hand, I think he’s open to the idea of a trilogy, so at the point when there is an idea that he’s really excited about I’m sure he will begin launching that next film."

Scream 4 is In Theaters April 15

Meanwhile Craven tells Movieweb that he has no plan to return to the A Nightmare on Elm Street franchise

"No! I have no ownership in it. The original people I did it with are all gone. If you have no control or ownership when it comes to those things, and its being taken over by other people, you tend to lose interest. There are much more creative situations that I can get myself into, rather than a situation where I would be working for someone else who is exploiting something I created. It wouldn't be a very happy situation"

No comments: