Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Perry VS Lee

The feud between Tyler Perry and Spike Lee has been reignited at a presser for this weekend's Madea's Big Happy Family

Box Office Magazine (via THR):

Spike can go straight to hell! You can print that. I am sick of him talking about me, I am sick of him saying, ‘This is a coon; this is a buffoon.’ I am sick of him talking about black people going to see movies. This is what he said: ‘You vote by what you see,’ as if black people don’t know what they want to see."

Lee has been outspoken about Perry, calling Perry’s multimedia empire an example of modern-day “coonery” and “buffonery.”

Perry adds  “I am sick of him” says Perry. “He talked about Whoopi he talked about Oprah, he talked about me, he talked about  Clint Eastwood. Spike needs to shut the hell up!”  He said that he doesn't understand why so much criticism of  what he does comes from other black people. "I've never seen Jewish people complaining about 'Mrs. Doubtfire' or Dustin Hoffman in 'Tootsie,'" he explained.

Lee posted on his website last month that he was just playfully ribbing a fellow director: “Despite what has been written or said I’m not feuding with Tyler Perry. I was on a show being interviewed by Host Ed Gordon. The only words pulled from my answer about Mr. Perry were ‘Coonery and Buffoonery’. Please read the below transcript of the exchange. I feel Artists should be able to critique each other’s work, Athletes and Musicians have been doing this for ages. As long as it’s given in a loving spirit (which my opinions were) it’s all good.”.

Here's the interview Lee refered to



Perry on 60 Minutes



Is Perry over reacting? Is Lee right? Does Jealousy play any role in this?...The debate is on....

No comments: