Monday, November 10, 2008

Scripture

Director Sam Mendes tells the gang at Empire Online that progress on the "Preacher" movie is moving very slowly.

"I’d love to make Preacher. But there’s no script. I’ve gotta find a script. I’ve just got to get it written" says Mendes.

The controversial 66-issue comic book series follows a pugilistic Texas preacher who becomes imbued with supernatural power, teams with his amateur assassin ex-girlfriend and an Irish vampire, and sets off to track down God while dodging the Saint of Killers.

Mendes' plans for the property...

"There's so much of it you couldn't possibly fit it all into one movie. It's just about what you keep and what you leave out, and how you structure the story. But just to have that toy set again, being able to paint on a big canvas and to say ‘I am gonna do crazy crane shots and massive action sequences again because I want to,’ it's exciting."

No comments: