Thursday, January 27, 2011

I'm Glad It's Delayed

Out doing promotion for the February 1st release of Let Me In on Blu-ray and DVD , director Matt Reeves tells Movieweb that the proposed sequel to Cloverfield is still a long way off.


"Cloverfield 2 will most likely not be the next movie because that's still in the really nascent stages. We haven't really had time to get together and talk about what that would be. That journey will probably be a bit longer, when we find that idea that we really get excited about. We're still hatching the story. It has yet to be hatched." says Reeves.

So if that's not happening soon what's next?

"I haven't decided what I'm doing next...I'm reading a lot and hopefully we'll be able to say what I'm doing within the next month or two. I really want to continue to press and try to make this smaller project that I've been trying to make since before Cloverfield. It's a project called The Invisible Woman It's sort of a character thriller. It's the anatomy of this woman's desperation. It's the same sort of storytelling that I did in Let Me In. It's an intimate character story, so I'm excited to do that to. Probably what I would do is find the next project and find a way to marry that schedule to the bigger project. So, hopefully, we could do two in a row and then maybe Cloverfield 2."

I still maintain that there should not be another Cloverfield pic. It would only serve to ruin what the first film established and is never gonna be surpassed. Hello Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 Please just let it go...

No comments: