Saturday, January 29, 2011

Down On Peachtree Road

Singer Elton John's given the go-ahead to turn his life into a film reports The National Post--with "Billy Elliot" writer Lee Hall taking up the assignment

Sir Elton says that you shouldn't expect much gritty realism or exploration of his struggles with drugs, booze, weight and relationships. Rather the biopic " will be more of a fantasy, Moulin Rouge type of stuff. Obviously, it’s not going to be your normal, run-of-the-mill film. My life’s been so surreal, from buying a football club to God knows what."



He also says - "When I come offstage now I have a balance in my life. Until I found that in 1990, I came offstage and I didn’t know what to do with myself. Now I fly home every night after a show and I get back in my own bed. I have a wonderful partner in David, I have wonderful friends. I can remember things. I don’t take drugs anymore.”

No comments: