Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pro-Rated

Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds) is officially on board to star in Ridley Scott’s  sci-fi pic Prometheus, reports Heat Vision.



What started out as a prequel to Scott's original 1979 Alien quickly morphed into a stand apart pic...Sorta

Noomi Rapace was recently announced as the female lead of the film, named Elizabeth Shaw, the project will harken back to that sci-fi/horror classic.

Scott told Total Film
While Alien was indeed the jumping off point for this project, out of the creative process evolved a new, grand mythology and universe in which this original story takes place. The keen fan will recognize strands of Alien’s DNA, so to speak, but the ideas tackled in this film are unique, large and provocative. I couldn’t be more pleased to have found the singular tale I’d been searching for, and finally return to this genre that’s so close to my heart.
Writer Damon Lindelof ("Lost", Star Trek)
It’s daring, visceral and hopefully, the last thing anyone expects. When I sat in a movie theater as a kid, feet raised off the floor for fear that something might grab my ankles, I never dreamed in my wildest imagination I would one day get to collaborate with the man responsible for it. Working alongside him has been nothing short of a dream come true.
The initial script was written by Jon Spaihts (The Darkest Hour)

The film has also changed release dates from an early March 2012 opening to a high-profile summer release on June 8th 2012

No comments: