Monday, April 18, 2011

GI Joe 2 = Down & Dirty

Director Jon Chu tells The Deadbolt that his upcoming sequel to G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra will be more grounded.

"I think it's not just another action movie. Maybe the first one was that, but we're really trying to break it down and take the shine off and show that my Joes were the ones in the mud, the sand and the trees and in the epic worldwide adventures. Each one had individual talents. So we really want to bring the experience of what I grew up with playing with these toys. What it feels like so that kids now can be reintroduced to the Joes and experience it in a different way. This is like down and dirty Joe for me" he says of G.I. Joe 2.



The sequel is already set for theatrical release on August 10th, 2012.

Whatever you say John--as long as there's no dance moves ala  Step Up 3D or Justin Bieber: Never Say Never in the film

Channing Tatum will reprise his role as Duke in the sequel, and both Ray Park and Byung-hun Lee are scheduled to return as well

No comments: