Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Avengers 2: What About "Pepper" Potts?

Will Virginia "Pepper" Potts return for writer/director Joss Whedon's superhero team up sequel "The Avengers: Age of Ultron"?

Actress Gwyneth Paltrow told Hitfix that that she has not been contacted about the movie, and only recently found out the film's title:

"I don't think so. Nobody has asked me. What is it called? Age of Ultron? Okay. Well, no, I don't think [I'll be in it]. I haven't heard any...my phone has not rung for Avengers 2. I think it's a for sure. I think they're starting shooting soon and they probably would have asked me by now."

It should be noted that the actress said a similar thing a few months before production started on "The Avengers" and we all know that Pepper was involved .

Paltrow was also asked if she'd be up for doing a stand-alone movie with her comic book character's alter ego 'Rescue'.

"That would be good. That would be fun"


I hope Joss found room for her in Ultron--She is soooo good as Potts and opposite RDJ

While the sequel DOES NOT follow the Age of Ultron comics storyline--in which the big bad Ultron was created by Hank Pym who becomes Ant-Man. We do not know whether James Spader will just voice Ultron, or if he'll have to do some kind of motion-capture as well--This news puts to rest the most popular theory suggesting that Tony Stark's (Robert Downey Jr,) robot butler J.A.R.V.I.S. (voiced by Paul Bettany) operating system from the Iron Man Films would turn into the villain.

"Kick-Ass 2" star Aaron Taylor-Johnson remains the frontrunner to play Wanda's brother  Quicksilver in the film joining Marvel vets RDJ, Chris Evans Chris Hemsworth Scarlett Johansson Samuel L. Jackson Jeremy Renner Mark Ruffalo, Clark Gregg and Cobie Smulders who are all expected back

The chatter has been confirmed that "Martha Marcy May Marlene" and "Silent House" star Elizabeth Olsen has reportedly become the front runner for the role of Wanda Maximoff, a.k.a. Scarlet Witch.

Production is due to begin in February to meet a release date of May 1, 2015.

No comments: