Sunday, September 22, 2013

Bridges "Underwhelmed" By R.I.P.D.

As it turns out the Jeff Bridges and Ryan Reynolds-led big-budget supernatural comedy R.I.P.D. is one of the year's biggest flops, and received  believe it or not far more scathing reviews than even "The Lone Ranger" (reviews)

Costing $130 million to produce, the film ultimately took in just over $100 million worldwide - two-thirds of which came courtesy of foreign receipts.


Bridges tells GQ Magazine:

"I had such a great time working on that movie. I remember what we were doing. I thought, This could be fun to see. And when I saw it, I was a little underwhelmed. For my mind, the studio made some, uh, choices that I wouldn’t have made… I remember when someone pitched me the project, I couldn’t quite grasp what they were talking about."

Bridges also talked about the box-office of the film, and the sub-culture of box-office watchers:

"It’s kind of fun when the movie’s coming out. It’s like having a horse in the race. And they’re lining up, and they’re off! And you’re rooting for your horse. And in this case, the jockey fell off the horse and you came in last."

No comments: