Monday, September 30, 2013

The Avengers 2: Spader Talks "Age of Ultron"!

It has been a month since we found out that James Spader will play the villain Ultron in "The Avengers: Age of Ultron" for writer/director Joss Whedon...Now, Spader has finally commented about the casting. 

In a quote from Inquirer it would seem that the job he'll be doing is more than just voice work:

"I have spoken to Joss Whedon about it, and yes, actually, just this weekend I went in for them to take very extensive photographs, head scans, body scans, and all kinds of things in preparation for figuring out how the hell I’m gonna fit in this Ultron character!"


Spader also talked to The Independent about his excitement about the sequel:

"I think it’ll be a lot of fun and it’s incredibly nostalgic for me. When I was a kid my best friend had trunks of comics and I didn’t have any so I used to love going for sleepovers at his house. Also, I have three sons and two of them have a great interest in comics so they’re excited I’m playing the role."

While the sequel DOES NOT follow the Age of Ultron comics storyline--in which the big bad Ultron was created by Hank Pym who becomes Ant-Man. This news puts to rest the most popular theory suggesting that Tony Stark's (Robert Downey Jr,) robot butler J.A.R.V.I.S. (voiced by Paul Bettany) operating system from the Iron Man Films would turn into the villain.

"Kick-Ass 2" star Aaron Taylor-Johnson remains the frontrunner to play Wanda's brother  Quicksilver in the film joining Marvel vets RDJ, Chris Evans Chris Hemsworth Scarlett Johansson Samuel L. Jackson Jeremy Renner Mark Ruffalo, Clark Gregg and Cobie Smulders who are all expected back

The chatter has been confirmed that "Martha Marcy May Marlene" and "Silent House" star Elizabeth Olsen has reportedly become the now the front runner for the role of Wanda Maximoff, a.k.a. Scarlet Witch.

Production is due to begin in February to meet a release date of May 1, 2015.

No comments: