Saturday, September 26, 2009

A No Show/Still A Go?

While on the promotion trail for the October 9th Couples Retreat Jason Bateman told the site Coming Soon that despite reports, he may may not be involved in Hancock 2.

"No one has contacted me or anybody that represents me to ask if we were interested. I don't know anything about it... The whole thing about me being on board could not be farther from the truth. I would love to be a part of the film, but I haven't heard anything about it"

A few weeks ago director Peter Berg never mentioned Bateman by name while discussing the sequel--saying essentially"Everyone's back"...A Variety article listed Bateman as a returnee...

What say you Mr.Berg?

Meantime the film version of "Arrested Development" is "still being written and my guess is that is will be shot some time next year. I have a feeling that Mitch [Hurwitz] is halfway done writing it. We'll probably shoot it middle of next year and then for however long things take to get cut and marketed, so maybe the first part of 2011 I would imagine. That's just a guess."

No comments: