Friday, April 09, 2010

Development Dead Mars Alive

The long awaited Arrested Development movie is dead according to series star David Cross talking with TV Squad.

"(I)t's not going to happen. Way too much time it's been (since the show ended)" Cross says "I mean, there's so many people involved. Everyone's doing their own thing, you know. And everybody's aged. It's just not going to happen. I'm sure I speak for everybody when I say we'd love for it to happen, we'd love to work on it, but just I don't think... not going to happen."

I hope they can find a way to make this happen despite what Cross thinks




In other cult TV to film news "Veronica Mars" series creator Rob Thomas tells Entertainment Weekly that a film version of his show about a high school sleuth could still happen.

Thomas says “There is a bit of a ticking clock [as star] Kristen Bell does continue to age and doing ‘teen detective’ [is a] dicey proposition. But frankly, I think Veronica Mars as a 30-year-old noir detective at some point in the future would still be interesting to me.”

Producer Joel Silver and the studio turned down Thomas' previously proposed film script.

No comments: