Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Mars Rover

Director Andrew Stanton tells MTV that his film adaptation of Edgar Rice Burroughs' John Carter of Mars is still in the midst of production and has a good year of work is still to come before its release.

"I'm not in post-production — I'm in digital principal photography now, which goes on for the rest of 2011, so I'm only halfway through the movie" he explains to . Asked about the film's look, he says "I didn't try to make it look like anything else. I really tried to make it its own thing. I tried to make a very historically accurate Martian film if that makes sense, so I'll let you decipher that."

Kitsch Was Also On My Favorite TV Show Friday Night Lights which ends this week...

The story follows Civil War veteran John Carter (Taylor Kitsch) who becomes a great hero on Mars

The live-action/computer animation hybrid is Stanton's first non-animated film- "When you've made animated movies your whole life, it was pretty exciting to be outside for a day, let alone for months For as cold and as hot and as hard as it was, which I knew it would be, I was up for it and it was a blast. It was the hardest thing I'll ever have done, but man, it was a great adventure. It was like sailing across the ocean, you know, everything that goes with that."

Mark Strong, Willem Dafoe, CiarĂ¡n Hinds, Bryan Cranston, Dominic West, Polly Walker, Thomas Haden Church and Lynn Collins co star

"John Carter of Mars" is scheduled for a March 9th 2012 release.

No comments: