Wednesday, February 23, 2011

No Mere Kid's Stuff

Hasbro  CEO Brian Goldner spoke with MTV News about the storyline for the as yet Untitled G.I. Joe Sequel



"Obviously, we know coming out of the first film that the president is an impostor. You might begin with the knowledge of having your president as an impostor. What would that mean? From that, you can tell a very big story without only having to rely on the chronology of the first film."

Meanwhile, Movieweb spoke with Jon Chu one of the potential frontrunner candidates to direct the upcoming sequel. (The other is F. Gary Gray Law Abiding Citizen)

"It is up to them right now. I have talked to them before. I am just sort of in it right now, waiting to see what happens" then adds that he has "a bunch of stuff written down. I have done a bunch of drawings and things".

If he does get the job, he also wants it to have a more adult tone
"It could be that way. But the one thing I felt was missing from the last Joe movie was the power of the punch. You want Joe to be tough. They are fun, but they are tough. I feel that you don't want to make Joe too kidsie. That is one of the issues they are having" says Chu

Personally I thought the tone of the last film was just fine and the sequel needn't be any more adult

The sequel was written Zombieland duo Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick

No comments: