Tuesday, February 22, 2011

In Bleakest Night

Horror helmer Rob Zombie told Empire that his upcoming film "The Lords of Salem" will be "the bleakest of all my films."

The story follows ancient witches who unleash havoc on modern day Salem.

Zombie explains: "There were twenty people that everyone knows about - obviously all innocent - executed as witches in Salem. The basic premise of the film is that there were a further four who actually were witches, who were killed secretly, and vowed one day to return to wreak havoc on Salem's descendants. That's when the movie jumps ahead to the present day and things start to go wrong."

"Like a lot of my ideas, I had this one a long time ago, but it was never the right time to make it. Eventually it spun off into a song [on 2006's Educated Horses album] but there were still no plans to turn it into a movie until the Paranormal Activity guys approached me and wanted to do something. I didn't have any specific plans, but I mentioned Lords of Salem and they really latched onto it."

Shooting will kick off April 18th.

He also confirmed he's not gonna do the remake of "The Blob".

No comments: