Sunday, February 06, 2011

Street Talking


Talking with The L.A. Times during a promo push for Friday's release of The Eagle star Channing Tatum indicates that the filmmakers behind the 21 Jump Street film want original TV Series star Johnny Depp for a cameo.

"I really hope he does it. It would mean the world to us and I think everyone wants to see him do it... and he's enough of a madman to do it"

Tatum said the film will differ from the original's show's premise of young cops going undercover in high school or college.

"This is more like ''Back to the Future', you get to go back and relive your high-school life" he says, mixing moments of fantasy with outrageous comedy.

"I've never read a script that I'm like, 'How are they letting us do this?'. I don't even mean the censoring board. I'm like, 'No, I can't believe they're going to put this in a movie.' It's freaking ridiculous" he says.

The tone affects the characters that he and star Jonah Hill will play: "It's a total reversal. Jonah's the cool one and I'm the loser." The film sees Tatum and Hill taking on a new drug that has run rampant at a high school, and cutting it off at the source.

Shooting on the project kicks off this spring under the helm of Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs duo Phil Lord and Chris Miller will call action from Michael Bacall'/Hill's screenplay The pic is set to hit theaters in March 16, 2012.

Still not quite sure how this one's gonna work--Might it be too over the top...?

No comments: