Wednesday, February 02, 2011

The Incredible Bulk

Actor Hugh Jackman tells The L.A. Times that he's getting a lot bigger for Darren Aronofsky's The Wolverine than he got for "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" and is currently training for the superhero flick


"It’s 6,000 calories a day, it’s rough… Right now, I’m at 210 [lbs.]" says Jackman who was told to bulk up by Aronofsky - "Darren said with the last one, ‘Hey you looked great, but you’re so tall that in those long shots you looked kind of like  Clint Eastwood, and that’s not Wolverine.' He said that Wolverine, in the comics, is powerful, stocky, you know, he’s short and thick. So he said, ‘I want you to go there, get bigger.’"

Jackman describes the film itself, that's based on the great mini-series by Frank Miller and Chris Claremont--set primarily in Japan.as "not a sequel, it’s a stand-alone, and I think we’re going to make one that people will describe as the best of the bunch… I’m really, really pumped about it. I feel like all the planets are finally aligned to make a great movie."

He adds, "I remember saying to [producer] Lauren Shuler Donner, “Lauren, I don’t know about you, but I’ve seen this Japanese story, and I think it’s so good. It’s just genius, it’s brilliant.” And we kind of always talked about it from there on. I sort of even wanted to do that in the third X-Men movie at first, but we thought, no, we really need to establish who he is at first, and we did that [with "X-Men Origins: Wolverine"], and now this is sort of the cherry on top, to finally do it and have Darren Aronofsky direct it."

They have a great story to use as a starting point a fine helmer and star-The flick's gotta be good.

"The Wolverine" is scheduled to hit theaters in 2012.

 

No comments: