Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Drake's Lady

Director David O. Russell was asked by Empire about the film adaptation of the video game  Uncharted: Drake's Fortune like who is up for the female lead role-Elena

"Ah, Elena. I've cultivated her quite a bit and I think I've added a lot of dimension to her so that's all I'm going to say. I love the woman characters and the more robust they are, the more robust the movie."



The interviewer suggested The Fighter actress Amy Adams, Russell responded "Oh I would love that too, I love Amy. I also love Scarlett Johansson; there's a lot of great actors I think might suit. Hopefully, we'll see how it works out with everybody who are being scoped to do that role.'"

Asked what the overall status of the adaptation is right now:

"The game is very cinematic; there's no question about it. That's what I'm working on real hard and I'm writing it as we speak and I'm really excited to make it. I'd love Mark [Wahlberg] to be in it, I'd love  Bob De Niro to be in it; I love the idea of growing them into a cinematic family; I think that's a really cool idea, but... I guess you'll have to wait until you see the script."

No comments: