Monday, September 05, 2011

Soderbergh: It's A Sabbatical

Director Steven Soderbergh is now denying the whole retirement thing according to THR


Matt Damon And Soderbergh

A few days after confirming that he was planning to retire from making films to become a painter, Soderbergh now says that he isn't quite  ready to completely leave that life just yet.

"It's less dramatic that it sounds; it's just a sabbatical," the director said during the Venice Film Festival, where his latest movie, Contagion, premiered Saturday.

"I feel I need to recalibrate, so I can discover something new," he told The Observer, as picked up by BBC News. "I'm out of ways of telling art."

Soderbergh's retirement chatter is nothing new: The director has been hinting at it since 2009....And has 3 more films in prep just the same The Man from U.N.C.L.E. Magic Mike and Liberace

I wonder if Soderbegh's ever met Brett Favre - Retired NFL Quarterback??....

Seriously though, I hope he never leaves directing behind...Good directors that can go from genre to genre with skill are hard to come by....

No comments: