Saturday, October 22, 2011

Scar-Jo Too Sexy For Tattoo

Speakimg with Vogue (via Vulture) director David Fincher admits that one reason Scarlett Johansson  didn't get the role of Lisbeth Salander in his 's American adaptation of Stieg Larsson's best-seller "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" was because of her sex appeal.


"Scarlett Johansson was great. It was a great audition, I'm telling you. But the thing with Scarlett is, you can't wait for her to take her clothes off" says Fincher.

Fincher decided upon Rooney Mara because of her interpretation of the Salander character. "Salander should be like E.T….There were all these different versions of Salander, but the one that had the most layers was Rooney's. I kept coming back to this" he says.

To get Mara cast he had to fight with the studio suits- "I had said so often, '[Mara] is the one I want'. They said, 'No. You are being obstinate. Move on'. And I said, 'Nope'. Part of me wanted that last puppy that nobody else did. I didn't want the consensus. I wanted the person that made everybody go, 'Really?' I needed that."

The story follows a disgraced journalist (Daniel Craig) and a misunderstood rebellious female hacker (Mara) investigating the 40-year-old disappearance of retired industrialist Henrik Vanger's niece on a remote island. Their investigation uncover religious killings, Nazism, rape, child abuse and murder.

Joely Richardson, Steven Berkoff David Dencik Robin Wright, Stellan Skarsgård and Christopher Plummer Yorick van Wageningen Alan Dale Goran Visnjic and Steven Berkoff co-star in the project Steven Zaillian adapted the script

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo comes to theaters December 21st, 2011

No comments: