Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Spielberg On "Park IV", Indy V & Nuke The Fridge

On the stump for December 21st's The Adventures of Tintin director Steven Spielberg chatted with Empire about two sequels from his most famous franchises- "Jurassic Park IV" and Indiana Jones 5



Taking JP IV first, Spielberg says "The screenplay is being written right now by Mark Protosevich. I'm hoping that will come out in the next couple of years. We have a good story. We have a better story for four than we had for [Jurassic Park III.]"

With Indy, he's waiting on George Lucast to come up with the story - "George is in charge of breaking the stories. He's done it on all four movies. Whether I like the stories or not, George has broken all the stories. He is working on Indy V. We haven't gone to screenplay yet, but he's working on the story. I'll leave it to George to come up with a good story."

Spielberg discussed the criticism leveled at Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

The skulls and the alien angle were a Lucas notion and Spielberg "never liked" it.

Neither did I...

Spielberg adds that he will "always defer to George as the storyteller of the Indy series. I will never fight him on that."

As for the nuke fridge scene? Spielberg - "Blame me. Don't blame George. That was my silly idea. People stopped saying "jump the shark". They now say, "nuked the fridge". I'm proud of that. I'm glad I was able to bring that into popular culture"

The Nuke thing never bothered me as much as the Aliens did in Skull

No comments: