Monday, October 21, 2013

Wahlberg & Grenier Exchange Words Over "Entourage" Film

We learned last month that talks between Warner Bros. and several cast members for a film version of the HBO series "Entourage" had stalled. Thus those involved have started negotiating in public- trying to use the media to break this deadlock.


It all started when actor Mark Wahlberg,  who also served as a producer on the show was asked by TMZ recently when the film is coming out.

He said "As soon as them guys stop being so greedy" and then added "if the movie's a success, we'll get to make a lot more of them and then we'll probably make a lot of money."

The show's star Adrian Grenier used Instagram to post a response to Wahlberg's comments:

"To all Entourage fans. I owe it to you to make a couple things clear. I take my role as Vince on the show & off very seriously. All decisions I make personally & for business are for the principle of friendship and brotherhood. It has, & never will be about the money for me. I promise. I will always stand up for the boys (that includes you) & do what I can to make sure they are treated fairly, and not be taken advantage of by anybody.The spirit of Entourage is about sharing the opportunities given to us and I will sign any deal that gives ALL the boys an opportunity to share in the upside of success EQUALLY. I assure you, despite the perception, there is no greed in my heart. Remember, it will all work out in the end. It always does."

Series creator Doug Ellin wrote the script from which he was to direct.  Production was to begin in May. It never did because deals with the cast are still being worked out.

The film would continue to follow the Hollywood lives of actor Vincent Chase, his manager and agent, his under-appreciated TV actor brother and the childhood pal/driver who form his inner circle. The story starts six months after the TV series left off.

Grenier, Kevin Connolly, Kevin Dillon, Jerry Ferrara, and Jeremy Piven starred in the popular series.

No comments: