Monday, February 08, 2010

Gremlin And Goonie Matters

While director Chris Columbus was attending the premiere of his Friday film Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief he talked to io9.com about talk of a third "Gremlins" film.

"A few days ago, I saw Steve Spielberg, and I asked him the question you just asked me, because I was reading something on the Internet and he said, "Nobody's talked to me about it either." So maybe it's going on behind our backs"

Does that mean this story is false?

Columbus was the writer on the previous two films (Spielberg was executive producer)

He does have an interest in a sequel to "The Goonies, but they haven't cracked the story yet

"I'd love to see another Goonies movie out there, people ask me about it all the time. The kids would have to be the parents, and their kids would be The Goonies We just need something, as Steven said the other day, he said, "How do you beat finding an entire pirate ship filled with treasure underground? What can be as exciting?" So we have to come up with something that can be equally as exciting."

No comments: