Thursday, February 18, 2010

Field Ops

Zombieland writing duo Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick are going to soon begin work on the script for G.I. Joe Sequel very soon--but not befotr doing some R &D first

Speaking with MTV, Wernick said he and Reese are making the to Hasbro's home base in Rhode Island next week to "talk to the toy guys, take a tour of the facility, see all the old toys, the new toys and just get inspired."

The writers will then establish which new characters to use in the sequel, which Wernick promises the sequel will definitely be a "continuation" of what was established in G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, and not a reboot. "We can say that we will be faithful to the first film," Reese said. "We will not be ignoring events from the first in the second."

He adds, that the G.I. Joe films "should be fun, it should be a ride. That's what we feel like Zombieland was, and we hope to bring that to the G.I. Joe franchise also."

I liked the first one and if Wernick and Reese plan on going forward from there--I think that's the bnest way to go.

The pair also have Zombieland 2 and the Deadpool comic book pic on their plate

No comments: