Threshold is suing Warner Bros over its development of a 3rd Mortal Kombat pic says The Wrap.
A third "Mortal" has long been in development but never seemed to be going anywhere until last year when Warners scored most of the assets of Midway Games in bankruptcy court, including the film rights to its game franchises.
On Tuesday, Threshold filed the suit in Los Angeles, accusing the company of "failing to co-operate and respond to Threshold and seeking to cut out Threshold" who claims to have ownership of the next 'Kombat' film due to agreements already made with the defunct Midway Games back in 2006.
Threshold says a federal bankruptcy court upheld its interests and licenses as a part of the sale.
WB declined comment...