Friday, May 04, 2012

Friday Night Lights Movie Inches Closer!!

The 2004 High School football film "Friday Night Lights" may have been a good film, but it's the TV series that really won both critical acclaim and a loyal following.

Since it ended its run last year, fans like myself wanted to see the small screen cast get their big screen break.

Those involved with the show want a film sequel, but little progress has been made...until now...!


The film would focus on Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton. as they reprise their roles of Eric and Tami Taylor.

While out doing "Battleship" promotion, creator Peter Berg did an interview for Details (via Zap2It) during which cast member Britton came by and they both talked about the FNL movie.

Britton said that she'd just come from a meeting at the office of the show's former executive producer Jason Katims, and "we were talking about something else and I said, 'Forget about all that. Is this movie going to happen?' I was sitting on his couch, and he's like, 'Look behind you.' And I look behind me and it's a wall with a big, huge corkboard on it with all these 3x5 cards. That's what these writers do, they do the whole story on 3x5 cards. He's like, 'That's the movie.'"

Britton then adds "I was so excited. Then [Katims was],like, 'Don't look at it! I don't want you to see it until it's a script.' I'm like, 'I'd better have a good part in it!'".

Berg added that star Chandler has signed on to do the film. 

YES!! Texas Forever!!!!

No comments: