Thursday, August 21, 2014

No "Lucy" Sequel Anytime Soon

Despite the recent success of  the actioner Lucy starring Scarlett Johansson--director Luc Besson says that there are no plans for a follow-up.

The pic follows a woman (Scar-Jo)  who is forced to become a drug mule. When the drug goes into her system, she is transformed into an ass-kicking machine. She can absorb knowledge instantaneously, is able to move objects with her mind and can't feel pain. She sets out to rescue a professor (Morgan Freeman).


In a recent interview with Want China Times (via The Playlist), Besson states that he's open to the possibility but admits that it would be tough to do:

"I don't see how we can do [a sequel]. It's not made for that. If I find something good enough, maybe I will, but for now I don't even think about it."

I suppose the concept be rebooted for either the big or small screen In the latter case the 'change' could occur  much more gradually

No comments: