Sunday, August 01, 2010

Reign Of The Supermen

I find this one quite interesting

Both Brandon Routh ("Superman Returns") and Tom Welling ("Smallville" heading into its 10th & final season) have stated they're definitely open to reprising the role of the Man of Steel for the Chris Nolan--produced "Superman" reboot





Routh:

"I certainly would [love to play Superman again]. As much as I say I’m working to shake that off or shake it up, I certainly don’t want to extinguish or get rid of it because it was a great honor and I would love to be able to return as that character.

And since it's all but certain that Welling's Clark will don the cape and take flight this year-he could play Superman on the big screen...

"I've always been open to the idea. It's not as simple as everyone would like to think.It's not as simple as me wanting to do it or not wanting to do it, I know that a lot of people want to jump on me or jump on [the studio]. It's just not that simple. So there's a lot of elements that have to come together"

Like salary perhaps?

And I mean given Nolan's box office track record they both would be fools not to want to work with him....Or would it be better to go unknown? Way back when I said Routh deserved another shot at Supes....Welling's lived the role for a decade....

Smallville season 10 starts September 24th

No comments: