Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Hills And Valleys

2 horror film franchises appear to be ready for hibernation --at least

Promoting Friday's My Soul To Take helmer Wes Craven told Worst Previews that since he owns the rights to The Hills Have Eyes series he did some development on a third installment... but now there are no plans to continue or reboot the franchise again.

Craven wanted to run with the idea of integrating the mutants a little into our society and running into prejudice.

Craven says "Some of the partners were very interested in doing that and I have an idea for it. But then we went off with another writer, and he developed things, and we did pitches, and it never worked out. And I came to an epiphany that you can generate your own totally original things and that's what you should be doing with your time."

He adds "I don't know if it's dead or not, but I have no real interest in doing another remake." Asked if he would sell on the rights to other filmmakers, Craven says "I don't know, I just don't think about it frankly."


Meanwhile "28 Days Later..." scribe Alex Garland tells WP that we shouldn't expect a third film in the series to follow 28 Weeks Later called at one point-28- Months Later

"When we made '28 Days Later,' the rights were frozen between a group of people who are no longer talking to each other. And so, the film is never going to happen unless those people start talking to each other again. There is no script as far as I'm aware."

No comments: