Friday, October 22, 2010

Hung Out To Dry?

Mel Gibson is being replaced by Liam Neeson in The Hangover 2, reports Reuters.

Gibson was due to cameo in the pic...

During interview actor Zach Galifianakis said "I'm in a deep protest right now with a movie I'm working on, up in arms about something. But I can't get the guys to (listen)...I'm not making any leeway. It has something to do with a movie I'm working on, yeah."

Many have speculated since then that the actor was referring to Gibson's involvement in this film, certainly other unnamed individuals on set were not happy about the casting

Helmer Todd Phillips had planned to scrub the cameo altogether, saying in an official statement

"I thought Mel would have been great in the movie and I had the full backing of Jeff Robinov.and his team. But I realize filmmaking is a collaborative effort, and this decision ultimately did not have the full support of my entire cast and crew."

Instead he seems to have convinced Neeson to come onboard and the actor will do a one day shoot for the role in a scene no longer than a few minutes.

I'm no fan of Mel but  but no one had an issue with starring with convicted rapist Mike Tyson in The Hangover A bit strange

No comments: