Thursday, December 06, 2012

Demme Opts Out Of King's 11-22-63

While attending the Marrakech Film Festival director Jonathan Demme told The Playlist that he's no longer set to helm the film adaptation of author Stephen King's book 11/22/63

The book follows Jake Epping, a 35-year-old high school English teacher from Maine who travels back in time to try and prevent President John F. Kennedy's assassination in Dallas on Nov. 22, 1963.

Demmie now says: "That's off the table… I had an option and I let it go. But I hope it's moving forward, I really want to see that movie."

He added "This is a big book, with lots in it. And I loved certain parts of the book for the film more than Stephen did. We're friends, and I had a lot of fun working on the script, but we were too apart on what we felt should be in and what should be out of the script."

No comments: