Thursday, December 20, 2012

Jay's Holidaze: It's A Wonderful Life

Even as I continue to frustrate Nobody Gets Out Alive director Jason Christopher via email today--he is here again  to talk about another Holiday film where you will discover he has a "Crazy" relative who doesn't like the movie in question.

 I was going to do a review of A Nightmare Before Christmas, I watched it the other day and was like – I really don’t enjoy this movie as much as I enjoy the soundtrack. I used to really enjoy the movie when I was younger but the only thing that stays with me from that movie nowadays is Danny Elfman’s amazing soundtrack! So, if I’m not reviewing that movie, what am I reviewing? The step-mother of Christmas, flicks It's a Wonderful Life. I would say A Christmas Story is the mother of all Christmas movies.


In 1946 Frank Capra released a movie that wasn’t really favored by critics or the audience. In my opinion the movie picked up it’s following throughout the years. Although - my grandfather - disagrees with me and don’t really care for this movie. I told him he’s crazy!

Ever since George Bailey was young he wanted to explore the world! Now that he’s grown up and actually can explore the world, his father passes and now he is in charge to run the Building and Loan. George gives the money to his brother and everyone is merry. Not until later when George’s uncle loses an abundant amount of money and now George is petrified he could be facing prison and other things, so he wishes he was never born. It’s not until an angel named Clarence takes him around a town if he was never born.

I love this movie. It’s A Wonderful Life is probably in my top favorite movies of all time. It’s fun, it’s funny, it makes you think, it makes you thankful! It’s a bummer just like my favorite horror movie; I only watch them around Christmas time!

I bought the blu ray of It’s A Wonderful Life and it’s pretty cool, has a making of, and the original trailer. The pack also comes with the black and white version as well as the colorized version. The colorized version is a little weird. I’m so used to watching the movie in black and white. Once I popped the colorized version in, I took it out.

If I could remake ANY Christmas movie it would probably be It’s A Wonderful Life. I would cast Anthony Hopkins as Clarence Odbody, Jason Lee as George Bailey, Scarlett Johansson as Mary Hatch, and maybe Mickey Rourke as Mr. Potter. Wishful thinking, right?

So, all in all, this is a great family movie, a great holiday movie. If you have not checked it out, I’m sure you’ll catch it on TV within a few days. If you want to see this movie now…get your booty up and get to the store and purchase it!

-Jay

Nobody Gets Out Alive (still Punishment overseas). will be released via stores, Redbox, Amazon.com, etc. on 2/26/13---please go LIKE the new Facebook Page and help spread the word!

No comments: