Monday, October 06, 2014

Ben Affleck On "Daredevil" And "Dawn of Justice"

Finishing up his promotional rounds for David Fincher's thriller Gone Girl star Ben Affleck chatted with NPR about the script for "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" and some regrets he has about 2003's "Daredevil" .


The topic came up after he was asked if he had any second thoughts about taking on the part of Bruce Wayne/ Batmant because of the poor reaction to "Daredevil" (I liked the Director's Cut--it's really good!):

"Indeed I have regrets about Daredevil. I have regrets about all the movies that I don't think were executed properly. ... Look, if I thought we were remaking Daredevil, I'd be out there picketing myself ... and that goes for other movies as well that I haven't been happy with. You know, I'm hard on myself and I have exacting standards and I want to do excellent work and I don't always succeed, but I think you have to start out with that drive. [DOJ] was written by Chris Terrio, who wrote Argo, who's not a comic guy. And it's directed by Zack Snyder, who's a incredibly magical sort of visual stylist who's steeped in the comic world. And you have this sandwich of talents. I felt very confident about it. ... I thought it would be nice to make one of these movies really, really good."

No comments: