Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Jordan Peele Charts Horror Pic "Get Out"

Comedian Jordan Peele will write and direct the horror film "Get Out".


Despite his funny man status on the Comedy Central series "Key and Peele," this will be a straight up horror film.

Talking about the project Peele tells Playboy:

"I've been spending the first half of my career focusing on comedy but my goal, in all honesty, is to write and direct horror movies. I have one that I'm working on with Darko Entertainment called Get Out – I don't want to say too much about it, but it is one of the very, very few horror movies that does jump off of racial fears. That to me is a world that hasn't been explored. Specifically, the fears of being a black man today. The fears of being any person who feels like they're a stranger in any environment that is foreign to them. It deals with a protagonist that I don't see in horror movies"

Though he's keen on getting into horror, Peele is already attached to numerous big screen comedy projects like a reboot of the Police Academy franchise a film version of their popular sketch "Substitute Teacher"and the stolen cat tale "Keanu ".

No comments: