Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Christian Bale On Giving Up Batman

It's hard to believe that Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy started over 9 years ago-but it's true.

,is out on the stump for December 12th release of 's "Exodus: Gods and Kings" where he was asked about the next man to wear Batman's cape and the cowl - Ben Affleck in Zack Snyder's upcoming "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice".


Bale tells Empire (via CBM) that when he first heard the news of Warner Bros making another Batman film, he he admits that he was speechless:

"I've got to admit initially, even though I felt that it was the right time to stop, there was always a bit of me going, 'Oh go on... Let's do another'. So when I heard there was someone else doing it, there was a moment where I just stopped and stared into nothing for half an hour."

The studio is going with an older and more burned out Batman for Ben to play in the new film, coupled with the fact that it's an entirely different DC Cinematic Universe than the Dark Knight Films occupied. Even so, Bale still cares about the character and has already been in touch with Affleck to offer advice:

"I'm 40. The fact that I'm jealous of someone else playing Batman... I think I should have gotten over it by now. I haven't spoken with Ben, but I emailed him offering bits of advice that I learned the hard way. I would imagine he is doing everything he can to avoid anything that I did."

No comments: