Friday, December 26, 2014

Chris Pine Regrets "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit"

While chatting with Moviefone, actor Chris Pine admits that the recent reboot of the Jack Ryan Film Series titled Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit did not work and he is not expecting  to reprise the role in any more films:

"No. I don't think it made enough money for that to happen. That's one of my deep regrets, that we didn't totally get that right. It's a great franchise and if it's not me then I hope it gets a fifth life at this point. It's just great. I love the spy genre. I hope it's done again and with a great story."


The Tom Clancy-created CIA analyst character appears in a series of bestselling books by the late author and had generated four hit movies for Paramount.

Ryan was originally played by Alec Baldwin in the 1990 Oscar-winner The Hunt for Red October. Harrison Ford played Ryan in the ’90s features Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger. In 2002, The Sum of All Fears starred Ben Affleck as the analyst in the pic that was itself a reboot attempt that all but ignored the previous films.(Personally, I liked the film-warts and all). 'Shadow Recruit'--which I have yet to see--pulled in just $135 million from a $60 million budget.

No comments: