Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Emily Blunt On All Of That "Captain Marvel" Noise

Out stumping for Disney's film adaptation of the classic 1980s Stephen Sondheim Broadway musical Into the Woods actress Emily Blunt was asked about the rumors that she's up for the role of Captain Marvel in the upcoming Marvel Studios' stand alone movie, set for July 6, 2018.


Blunt tells Collider that, despite the chatter, no offer has been made or has the notion even been discussed:

"It's funny 'cause I'm hearing this Captain Marvel thing from a lot of people. I have no official offer, whatsoever. No one's called. I don't know where the hell it's come from, in all honesty. For me, I just think that the part has gotta be awesome. I just want to play great parts, and it's sometimes hard to find within those big superhero movies. The female parts are not usually great, but recently, they've been better. I don't know. It has to be the right thing."

No comments: