Friday, March 18, 2011

Cuts & Bruises

While filming April 15th'e Scream 4 director Wes Craven tweeted "No longer in control of the script".

Craven is now talking with Total Film (via Scream Trilogy) about that tweet and how it impacted the final movie.



I was just stating the fact. In some ways it’s a Wes Craven film, and in a way it’s not entirely, because it’s not a script I have control of. It’s ultimately controlled by what the studio wants in the script. My job is much more bringing whatever experience and expertise and creativity I can. Look, there was a bumpy period when things shifted over from Kevin Williamson to Ehren Kruger [History repeats itself the same thing happened with Scream 3] I signed up to do a script by Kevin and unfortunately that didn’t go all the way through the shooting. But it certainly is Kevin’s script and concept and ideas and themes” says Craven.

Asked about the potential  for further films in the series:

When I initially met with Kevin, he sketched out what the next two would be, and I found it really fascinating. A lot depends on whether they come up with scripts to flesh out. But certainly, I’m up for it, if the script is there. It’s a fascinating thing to do two trilogies in a career.”
 

No comments: