Thursday, March 24, 2011

Round 2

Director David O. Russell tells MTV News that he's up for continuing that story with a sequel to the Oscar winning biopic The Fighter


"I think that would be awesome. I just love those characters and I think we could do a lot of fun and interesting stuff... I would do it whenever anyone says they’re ready, I’m ready to write it" he says

Actor Mark Wahlberg has previously said that a sequel would focus on his character's trio of epic fights with the late Arturo Gatti -which took place between 2002 and 2003.

Russell says "I think Micky Ward’s story has a lot of heart whichever way you cut it. You’d go towards the Gatti fights and you could go into the history of the family more. I really like the sisters."

I am working on another multi-movie review post and my thoughts on the first film will be included therein

No comments: