Monday, March 21, 2011

“The Hobbit” (Finally) Begins Filming



According to THR's  Heat Vision Blog, Peter Jackson’s two-part adaptation of The Hobbit looks to start shooting this week after a journey that seemingly lasted longer than Frodo’s quest to Mount Doom. The films will be shot in 3D.

Aside from the 3D, I’m totally looking forward to this one. 3D is a novelty at best, but it’s common for effects-driven films to be shot in 3D now, so color me unsurprised. I’m crossing my fingers that it’ll be IMAX 3D, though. If that’s the case, it’ll be totally worth it. If not that, I’m hoping for a basic 2D print to find theatrical distribution in addition to the 3D one.

Anyway, here’s the official statement from Warner Bros, and check out Peter Jackson’s official Facebook page here.

Written by of  Movies and Other Things...

No comments: