Thursday, March 17, 2011

Wolverine Loses Darren

Dagnabit!

Darren Aronofsky has bowed out of calling action on The Wolverine according to THR


The Oscar nominated helmer says he is "sad," but doing the superhero sequel would have kept him out of the country for too long:


"As I talked more about the film with my collaborators at Fox , who have been totally supportive throughout my work on the movie, it became clear that the production of The Wolverine would keep me out of the country for almost a year. I was not comfortable being away from my family for that length of time. I am sad that I won't be able to see the project through, as it is a terrific script and I was very much looking forward to working with my friend, Hugh Jackman, again,”

Fox added that they "remain fully committed to making The Wolverine" planning to "regroup and move forward aggressively".

The studio has not yet officially greenlit the film which was to shoot a significant portion on-location in Japan, though the recent earthquake and tsunami disasters surely means either coming up with a new plan or a delay.

Let the replacement hunt begin...

1 comment:

Hiccup3000 said...

This is very sad news I was disapointed with the Wolverine Orgins. Do they really need to shoot it on location in Japan? Surely they could just fake it in America and get Darren on board!
I have a new blogg on film-mkaing and I'm fater people who are interested in films to check it out and see what they think. http://hiccupsblog.blogspot.com/
All the best,
Hiccup.X