Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Chu Keen On Lundgren Cameo For "Masters" Reboot

Director Jon M. Chu tells the folks at Getty Images Entertainment that he hopes to nab Dolph Lundgren for a cameo in the new live-action film version of the toy line "Masters Of The Universe".

The toys and the cartoon "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" series followed He-Man, a prince who transforms into a warrior and becomes the last hope for a magical world that has been ravaged by the sinister Skeletor.


Lundgren played He-Man in the 1987 live-action film version opposite Frank Langella as the evil Skeletor.

"I'm working on Masters of the Universe right now, and that's something that I, also, since I was a kid, have really, really loved. It's a totally different universe than Joe, but really fun. It has a whole world to play with, and I really love that. I love the idea of a challenge, because, tonally, that one is really tough to do.I don't know if Dolph Lundgren is around or what he's doing but, we'll see. Yeah, I think that could be some fun if we could find a way. I hope he still has the loin cloth and the long hair and everything."

Attempts have been made over the years to revive the "Masters" film, but the film picked up steam thanks to a script by Alex Litvak and Mike Finch called "Grayskull" (that title can no longer be used).  Richard Wenk was the last person to perform rewrites on the screenplay

Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch are producing the film.

Chu is back in theaters with "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" due out in later this month.

No comments: