Saturday, July 27, 2013

Mangold X-plains How The Tag In "Wolverine" Came About

"The Wolverine" director James Mangold talked with Digital Spy about the mid-credits scene that teases Bryan Singer's "X-Men: Days of Future Past"--explaining how it all came together.


SPOILERS AHEAD:

"I had finished the movie and Future Past had started shooting, a couple months ago, and we had been talking about what to do, if anything, in the tail credits of this movie. It's something I had been talking about with Simon Kinberg [producer] and Bryan Singer at that point about what we might do to kind of feed into it. My only stipulation that was important to me was just that I really didn't want it to be tongue-in-cheek. I feel like a lot of these bonus things almost make the film into a joke, and that wasn't interesting to me. I thought it would be more interesting to try and actually do something quite promising, actually say something and promise something and give people a piece of a story. The whole sequence was built around the shot where we'd unveil Patrick, and I created this shot where he's weaving through all these frozen airport patrons and that is Patrick Stewart with a joystick and electric wheelchair and that isn't easy. He's doing a kind of Olympic slalom through all these extras and uh, he's a badass on that thing."

Mangold adds that he's glad that Singer was the one charged with explaining how Professor X survived the events of "X-Men: The Last Stand".

"Yes, it is his job and I know they have one, so I'll leave it to them to unveil it."

X-Men: Days Of Future Past" hits screens July 18th 2014.

No comments: