Saturday, July 27, 2013

Avengers 2: Black Widow Has A Bigger Role


Chatting with writer/director Joss Whedon about "The Avengers: Age of Ultron" at Comic-Con last week, he talked to MTV News about expanding Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow role in the sequel:

"Natasha is a huge part of the sequel because you do want to concentrate on the people who don't have their own franchises. Although she in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier', [and] she's great. She was the most fun for me because she's not a hero, you know, and it's something that I read-and I feel bad that I can't remember who wrote the book-but it's in one of the books explaining, 'These guys are heroes, you are a spy. It's a different thing-it's a different skill set-and you don't have their moral high ground or any of that good stuff.' That just makes her so interesting to me. So yeah, the stuff I've got going on with her in the second one is killer."

Meantime Marvel suit Kevin Feige told Collider that we shouldn't expect any announcements about their phase three movies- namely anything they are working on post-2015, until this time next year.

Feige says: "It’s only 2013 now. But, I think it would probably be, at the earliest, a year from now."

No comments: