Sunday, July 21, 2013

Jeff Wadlow Talks "X-Force" Script

Making the rounds at Comic-Con to promote "Kick-Ass 2," filmmaker Jeff Wadlow was asked by Cinema Blend for an update on the X-Men film series spin off X-Force scripting process.

Wadlow says:

"I’m pretty deep into it… I have the whole story completely worked out. I’m about 20 pages into my draft. If I wasn’t promoting Kick-Ass, I would probably have a draft [already], but Kick-Ass is going to slow me down just a little."


The "X-Force" was created by Rob Liefeld in the early 1990s described as a more aggressive and darker mutant team. Various fan favorite characters moved in and out of the team including Wolverine, Deadpool, Cable, Psylocke, Cannonball, Domino, Warpath, Sunspot and Colossus.

Asked if Cable is the team leader in his script, Wadlow avoided the question with this answer:

"Here’s the thing, I love the current run of Uncanny X-Force. I love the classic run. Part of my take was addressing this idea that X-Force can be many different things, and that’s what got the studio excited. I think the fans will be excited, too."

No comments: