Sunday, July 21, 2013

Nichols Making A "G.I. Joe" Comeback?

"G.I. Joe: Retaliation" director Jon M. Chu will be back in the big chair calling action on G.I. Joe 3.

He tells CraveOnline that characters from the previous pics in the series could return for the next one--especially Rachel Nichols' who played Shana 'Scarlett' O'Hara from the first film.

"There's definitely a possibility that we'll get Scarlet back. I think there's a lot of characters that we can get back. The G.I. Joe world is a large world and we're with one section of it. In mind it was never "Oh we're getting rid of everyone and that's that!" This is another part of the universe and I'm sure we'll get her back. She has some of the most interesting storylines, especially with Snake Eyes. The reason I love G.I. Joe is because it goes everywhere and it stretches and it pulls. There's never been a mythology like that hefore where it mixes military, ninjas, androids, and crazy political things between the Cobra. I just love that. All the doors are open for us."


He adds that the next film will likely be shot in 3D.

The sequel has no production or release date set.

No comments: