Monday, August 04, 2014

Anthony Mackie In "No Rush" To Play Captain America

Now that we know that Sam Wilson aka the Falcon set to take over for Steve Rogers as Captain America in the comics, the question is if (and/or when) we'll see the change in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.


Attending Fandomfest in Louisville, Kentucky this past weekend, Captain America: The Winter Soldier co-star Anthony Mackie was asked if he'd like to see his character go that route in the films.

He tells ComicBook.com that he would, but he also knows if he does take over on screen that it'll be some time down the road:

"I don’t know. I mean I’m excited about it. I think if it goes that way in the movies that it would take a long time, because there’s so many evolutions before that. You know, I’m excited to see Sebastian play Cap. I think Sebastian’s a great actor. But I love seeing Chris Evans as Cap, so I feel like they can go any way they want. I’m enjoying my part beside Cap. I’m in no rush to be Cap."

What if Marvel movie chief Kevin Feige were to give him the call?

"First up for duty! First up for duty!"

No comments: